- Second-in-charge Vicente leaves vacancy, as do leading lights in regulatory and television departments.
- Changes follow soon after news of CTO Ismael Asenjo’s exit, amid internal Tech rejig.
More changes to Vodafone Spain’s roster will see a trio of senior personnel departures, adding to the recent resignation of Chief Technology Officer Ismael Asenjo, according to Spanish daily Expansión.
Among those on the way out are:
- Ignacio García-Legaz, Director of TV. He joined from Euskaltel in 2015, where he held a similar position.
- Matías González, Head of Regulatory Affairs. He has been at Vodafone for more than a decade.
- Andrés Vicente, Managing Director of the telco’s Consumer Business Unit. Before he took his current role in 2018, he headed the Enterprise equivalent, and held similar roles at Vodafone Romania prior to that (Vodafonewatch, #97, #112, and #165).
None of the three departees have outlined their next step. García-Legaz will reportedly be replaced on an interim basis by Alfonso Sanfiz, Consumer Marketing Director at the OpCo since mid‑2020.
Vodafone has been approached for comment.
Deegan gets things in line
Vicente, who has since confirmed his departure on LinkedIn, is set to “start other professional activities”. He has been seen as Vodafone Spain’s ‘number two’ since Chief Executive Colman Deegan took the helm late last year.
Deegan now appears to be making his mark in earnest, having already established a refreshed — and split, as per the Group’s operational transformation project — Technology division, which has seen Asenjo confirm his imminent departure and Bosco Aranguren and Julia Velasco named Digital Director and Networks Director, respectively.