- Telefónica Tech’s Cybersecurity & Cloud carve-out nearing finalisation.
- Former CIO Phil Jordan drops TalkTalk board seat.
- Alastria legal chief joins Telefónica.
- Álvarez-Pallete adds backing to Code.org initiative.
- José María Álvarez-Pallete was named an Ambassador at non-profit organisation Code.org. The Telefónica Executive Chairman joins tech leaders including Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, and Twitter’s Jack Dorsey in supporting the initiative.
- Global Solutions: Eloy Rodríguez Villa was appointed Senior Vice-President (SVP) of Global Wholesale Customers at Telefónica Global Solutions. This marks a step up for the former VP, International Voice Business.
- Miguel Angel Perez Arjona, B2B Sales Channels & Go-to-Market Director at Telefónica, was appointed Director of Cloud & Cyber Sales for Telefónica Markets. The former Accenture executive has also spent time at Nokia as Director of Retail Distribution for the Iberian Peninsula and at Orange España as Sales & Business Development Director.
- Cristina Martínez Laburta, Chief Legal Officer at Alastria Blockchain Ecosystem, joined Telefónica Cybersecurity & Cloud Tech as Head of Legal. Alastria, the Telefónica-germinated blockchain consortium, signed an agreement with the operator in early-2021, which will see Telefónica Tech provide and operate a private network for Alastria members (Telefónicawatch, #151). Martinez Laburta joins the Cybersecurity & Cloud Tech division at a delicate time as it undertakes an investigation into alleged improper activity surrounding its former head Pedro Pablo Pérez, and Govertis, a startup acquired by the Group.
- Spain: Gustavo Carvalho Domingos, Director of Customer Service Operations at Telefónica, was handed a slightly modified remit of Customer Operations & Technology. He joined Telefónica as a trainee in 2000 and has since taken a handful of senior customer operations positions at Telefónica in Brazil and Spain.
- Victor Deutsch was appointed Head of Product, Defence & Security at Telefónica Empresas. He was formerly Head of Strategy & Transformation Programmes and Head of Small- and Medium-Size Businesses (SMB) for the unit.
- UK: Rishi Arya, Digital Solutions Specialist for SMB at Telefónica UK (O2 UK), was promoted to Head of Digital Solutions Sales. Craig Howell, also previously a Digital Solutions Specialist, was named Head of Connectivity & Productivity Solution Sales.
- Alejandro Maximiliano Salevsky was appointed Chief Analytics & Data Science Officer at Telefónica Hispam. He was previously Head of Big Data Analytics at Telefónica Argentina.
- Former Telefónica Chief Information Officer (CIO) and one-time Telefónica Global Technology Chairman Phil Jordan resigned from his post as Non-Executive Director at UK operator TalkTalk. He remains Group CIO at retailer Sainsbury’s, the role he picked up after leaving Telefónica in 2017.
- Carlos Raimar Schoeninger, former Director of Business Development at Telefónica|Vivo, was appointed CEO at Brazilian network equipment manufacturer Padtec. Schoeninger left Vivo in 2016 to join subsea cable operator Globenet as Managing Director of Corporate Development, a role he held until moving to Padtec.